Information -
PDF Download

A retirement property abroadState pension

It is possible to live in another country and receive the state pension, however you will only receive pension increases if you live in the UK for 6 months of the year, European Economic Area, Switzerland, a country that has a social security agreement.

If you decide to move abroad in retirement you have several options regarding your personal pension:

  • To leave your pension in the current plan, if you have a defined contribution plan then you can access your pension from aged 55 of if not then you can claim your pension from your normal retirement date
  • Transfer your UK pension into an approved scheme in your new country of residence

For more information on Retirement Abroad, please contact us.